Friday, 14 September 2012

A Teacher is a Hero!!

       I know someone that is a walking dictionary, a lot faster than a scientific calculator and a perfect mother.  Want to know who I am talking about?

      Well, it's none other than my adviser, Mrs. Elizabeth Quitoriano — a disciplinarian as she has said when we first met.  Seriously, she is quite the teacher.  She has been teaching for a long time now in Ilocos Sur National High School.  Before, rumors said that she was a complete terror that's we were afraid to meet her.  After sometime, we were able to meet her and I was surprised.  We didn't expect that she was kind.  Really!  The first few days were a little hard getting used to.  It was kind of strange because we weren't expecting it.  Being with her in almost four months, I realized that what I took for her “strictness” was actually concern for our well-being.  Honestly, she is kind of strict but I have learned that she really cares about all of us in class.  Deep in my heart, I know that she is trying her best to prepare us for college.

      Enough with the introduction.  Now, I want to tell you why I consider her as my hero-teacher.  First of all, never once have I seen her get mad, lose patience or make anyone feel bad no matter how nosy and unruly we are.  She really is a supportive mother, a caring sister and a thoughtful friend.  Every time there are competitions that we participate in she always cheers for us.  When we feel sad, she tries her best to make us laugh by cracking jokes.  Yes!  She is funny when it is the right time to be but she gets serious and strict when she knows that it is needed. 

      My teacher is definitely a hero for she always do her best in molding us to become a better person.  So, this month, we are celebrating the World's Teacher Month as a tribute for their hard-work.

No comments:

Post a Comment