Monday, 3 December 2012

No More Discrimination, please!


"Equal Rights, Equal Opportunities: Progress for all," this is the theme for this year's International Women's Day Celebration.  This emphasizes that having equal rights and opportunities for everybody is the only way to success.
The most known human rights violation is the gender-based discrimination or simply the discrimination towards women.  This became a huge issue for women around the world because it is an enormous problem.  It became the hindrance for women to achieve their dreams like having a successful career and living a comfortable life.  That's why, it's not a shock for me whenever I hear that women are being condemned, being brutalized and being trash-talked.
I have noticed that mostly men are in higher ranks in businesses as well as in politics.  Until now, men are believed as the only ones that can make a progress or can make a successful career for himself.  I am not offending any man here because I am just stating the obvious--which is belittling women.  I am not saying that it is man's fault but for me it is entirely the wrong beliefs that we are following.
As Japan's Vice President, Mr. Moyo said, "Equal opportunities and equal rights are purely power relationships and power is not simply given away."  It may be hard to change the things that we got used to but we can try to have new beliefs. So, all the women should fight for their rights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment