A total of one hundred and nineteen round of applause were given to President Benigno "Noynoy" C. Aquino III last Monday, July 23, 2012 during his one and a half hour speech in his third State of the Nation Address (SONA) held at the Batasang Pambansa Complex.
In the president's speech, he cited the economic gains achieved during his administration. The list of the government infrastructures projects, the increase in the budget allotted for the education sector, the modernization of the Philippine military, the increase in tourist arrivals and the success of the energy department in its implementation of the government's rural electrification program were also mentioned. He also cited the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP), promising the distribution of lands to all farmers by 2016. The president lashed out the former president and the mistakes committed by the previous administration and about the impeachment trial.
During his two years of presidency, I hardly noticed most of his achievements. Now, after hearing his SONA, I realized that he has done numerous accomplishment for the betterment of our country. I think that most of us didn't notice these achievements because we are waiting for him to do the things that we want to be done and want to be improved only. Almost all Filipinos are happy and satisfied with the president's leadership and work.
Honestly, in the beginning I didn't like the president but now, I have seen how good, how persistent and how capable he is in making our country a better one. I have known that he is doing all he can to make progress in the Philippines.

No comments:
Post a Comment